Armasight Helios-Pro 640 2-16x50 (30 Hz) Thermal Imaging Bi-Ocular TAT163BN5HPRO21
The Helios Pro high performance handheld magnified thermal bi-ocular take full advantage of the technology and advancements that Armasight has developed for its uncooled thermal weapon sight programs. Due to design concepts emphasizing shared sub-assemblies, the Helios Pro handheld thermal bi-ocular exhibits the same standard performance as the Zeus Pro and Apollo Pro.The Helios Pro can withstand the most brutal environmental shocks typically associated with heavy caliber shooting.
Shipping info Email this page Print Make Offer
The Helios Pro high performance handheld magnified thermal bi-ocular take full advantage of the technology and advancements that Armasight has developed for its uncooled thermal weapon sight programs. Due to design concepts emphasizing shared sub-assemblies, the Helios Pro handheld thermal bi-ocular exhibits the same standard performance as the Zeus Pro and Apollo Pro.The Helios Pro can withstand the most brutal environmental shocks typically associated with heavy caliber shooting. Based around a common cores of electronics, signal processing, and lens interfaces, a version of the Helios Pro can be ordered to meet virtually any requirement for an affordable uncooled magnified thermal bi-ocular.
Utilizing the latest FLIR TAU-2 Technology, the Helios Pro is offered in 640x512 pixel format with professional military-grade 50mm Germanium (Ge) objective lens. Armasight has introduced a unique dual battery option for the Helios Pro Thermal Bi-ocular consisting either of four 3.0VDC 123A batteries all oriented in the same direction to prevent confusion in replacement, or four 1.5VDC AA batteries pre-loaded in a cartridge. In a pinch, a single 123A 3.0VDC battery can power the Zeus Pro for just over one hour.
The Helios Pro Thermal Imager is characterized by its simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. Armasight has included all of the key bells and whistles found in the Zeus and Apollo Pro series devices including electronic compass and inclinometer. The Helios Pro uses a 9-pin multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there may be a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access. In support of these capabilities, Armasight offers an optional laser range-finder, external battery pack, multispectral laser and other accessories designed to attach on the MIL-STD-1913 rail of the Helios Pro. The Helios Pro has Bluetooth© wireless capability and can directly interface with most smart phones with the potential for engaging a series of current and future applications.
The Helios Pro is the ideal tool for scouting and target detection where the ambient environment is oriented for concealment. The Helios Pro is also an extremely useful tool for viewing scenes through environmental obscurants such as smoke, haze, fog, or dust. The Helios Pro marks the pinnacle of Armasight’s handheld uncooled thermal imaging family of products.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- Linear Automatic Gain Control (Linear AGC) – a correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- 24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze, fog)
- Rugged MIL-STD-810 compliant performance
- Water and Fog-Resistant
- Operates on 123A or AA batteries
- Objective Germanium Lens Options
- TAU-2 17μm Pitch Thermal Sensor
- SVGA 800x600 OLED Display
- Digital Compass
- Digital Inclinometer
- Battery Status Indicator
- Selectable Palettes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Sepia/ OEM Custom/ Other Color Variants
- User-adjustable Image Enhancement Tools
- Wireless 5-button Remote
- Tracking Digital e-Zoom: 2x / 4x / 8x (640x512 only)
- Still Picture and Video Recording Capability (Mounted DVR Option)
- Made In The USA
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||1.8x / 2.1x|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||640x512|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Resolution||0,34 mRad (70 SOA)|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800x600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, 4x and 8x|
|Digital Angle Cosine Indicator||Yes|
|Battery Status Indicator||Yes|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Sepia, Fusion, Rainbow, and Rain|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|Remote Control||Wireless 5-button|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Linear Automatic Gain Control - “LINEAR AGC"||Yes|
|Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – “SKY/SEA”||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||50 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||12.5° х 10°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||14 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||5m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||Four CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or four AA 1.5V|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||up to 7 hr (optional up to 14 hrs)|
|Extended Battery Pack (optional)||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V) or four CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 7 hr)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-51° to +57°C (-59° to +134°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-57° to +85°C (-70° to +185°F)|
|Recoil Resistance||0.50 BMG weapon shock and recoil|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Overall Dimensions||241 x 102 x 60 mm (9.5 x 4.0 x 2.4 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||1.05 kg (2.3 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR detector||10 years|
- Video Cable
- Battery Cartridge (for AA batteries)
- Battery Box Extender Ring (for AA batteries)
- Armasight Key (used to remove the battery cap insert)
- Packing Box
- AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control 5-buttons)
- Battery Set
- Lens Tissue
- Soft carrying Case
- Instruction Manual with Warranty Card
- Picatinny adapter for AWReC (Advanced Wireless Remote Control)
Armasights Products Limited Warranty
Armasight© products are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects in both material and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. In the event that a defect covered by the warranty occurs during the applicable period stated above, Armasight, at its discretion, will either repair or replace the product; such action on the part of Armasight shall be the full extent of Armasight’s liability, and the Customer’s sole and exclusive reparation. This warranty does not cover a product if it has been:
- used in any way other than its normal and customary manner;
- subjected to misuse;
- subjected to alterations, modifications or repairs by the Customer or by any party other than Armasight without prior written consent of Armasight;
- specially ordered, ordered from a selection of “close-out” merchandise or merchandise sold “as-is” by either Armasight or the Armasight dealer; or
- discontinued by the manufacturer and either parts or replacement units are not available due to reasons beyond the control of Armasight.
Armasight shall not be responsible for any defects or damage that in Armasight’s view are a result from the mishandling, abuse, misuse, improper storage or improper operation of the device, including use in conjunction with equipment that is electrically or mechanically incompatible with, or of inferior quality to, the product, as well as failure to maintain the environmental conditions specified by the manufacturer. THE CUSTOMER IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT OPERATION OF THE EQUIPMENT DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS OR UNDER ANY EXCESSIVE LIGHT CONDITIONS MAY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE INTERNAL COMPONENTS OF THE UNIT, AND SAID DAMAGE WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser. Any breach of this warranty shall be enforced unless the Customer notifies Armasight via regular mail or email within the applicable warranty period.
The Customer understands and agrees that, except for the foregoing warranty, no other warranties written or oral, statutory, expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall apply to the product. All such implied warranties are hereby and expressly disclaimed.
Limitation of Liability
Armasight© will not be liable for any claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages or liabilities arising out of the use of any Armasight product. Operation and use of products are the sole responsibility of the Customer. Armasight’s exclusive undertaking is limited to providing the products and services outlined herein in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The stipulation of products sold and services performed by Armasight to the Customer shall not be interpreted, construed, or regarded, either expressly or implied, as being for the benefit of or creating any obligation toward any third party of legal entity outside of Armasight and the Customer; Armasight’s obligations under this Agreement extend solely to the Customer. Armasight’s liability hereunder for damages, regardless of the form or action, shall not exceed the fees or other charges paid to Armasight by the customer or customer’s dealer. Armasight shall not, in any event, be liable for special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost income, lost revenue, or lost profit, whether such damages were foreseeable or not at the time of purchase, and whether or not such damages arise out of a breach of warranty, a breach of agreement, negligence, strict liability or any other theory of liability.
Product Warranty Registration
In order to validate the warranty on your product, Armasight must receive a completed Product Warranty Registration Card for each unit, or the Customer can complete the warranty registration form on Armasight’s website by completing and submitting below listed ARMASIGHT ON-LINE WARRANTY REGISTRATION FORM.
To complete your registration by mail, fill out the Warranty Registration card included in the Operations Manual accompanying your device and immediately mail it to Armasight’s Service Center:
815 Dubuque Avenue
South San Francisco
United States of America
888-959-2259 Ext. 2
Obtaining Warranty Service
To obtain Warranty service for your device, the End-user (Customer) must notify the Armasight Service Center via email. All requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA), which will be required to receive said service. When returning any device, you may return the product to your retailer, or send the product, postage paid and with a copy of your sales receipt, to Armasight Corporation’s Service Center at the address listed above. All merchandise must be fully insured with the correct postage; Armasight will not be responsible for improper postage or merchandise that becomes lost or damaged during shipment. When returning a product, please clearly write the RMA# on the outside of the shipping box. Please include a letter that indicates your RMA#, the Customer’s Name, a Return Address, reason for the return, Contact information (valid telephone numbers and/or an e-mail address), and proof of purchase that will assist Armasight in establishing the valid start date of the Warranty. Product merchandise returns that do not have an RMA# listed may be refused, or a significant delay in processing may occur. Estimated Warranty service time is 10-20 business days. The End-user/Customer is responsible for paying all postage fees when returning a product to Armasight for Warranty service. Armasight will cover return postage/ shipping after Warranty repair to the End-user/Customer only if the product is covered by the aforementioned Warranty. Armasight will return the product after Warranty service by domestic UPS Ground service and/ or domestic mail. Should any other requested, required or international shipping methods be necessary, the postage/shipping fee will be the responsibility of the End-user/Customer.
Product's SKU: TAT163BN5HPRO21
Product's UPC: 849815006711
Armasight is the a world leading provider of cutting edge Night Vision and advanced Infrared Thermal Imaging Solutions, top-quality Direct View Binoculars, Illumination Tools and other precision optics featuring outstanding performance and rich in innovative features.
Additional Information about Armasight
Reviews are loading, please wait...
Loading, please wait...